Monday, January 11, 2010

Nintendo 64

Brendan A

The Nintendo 64 (N64) was released September 29, 1996. It took the spot of the SNES as the new 64 bit system. The 64 was about 3-d looks this was the first time Mario and Starfox were in a 3-d looking world. The 64 had its last game released in 2002 which was Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3, this was one of the last cartridges because disks were cheaper and you could put more on them. The 64's most popular game being Super Mario 64 one of the top all time selling games. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_64 )

The 64DD was an add on released for the 64. This was anounced before the release date of the 64 but, was not released till its later years and only in Japan. This was a disk drive add on to the 64 but, came out with few games. This is because of the failed sells. I do not personally own one because they are expencive (about $100 US dollars on ebay) and I don't think I would play it enough for that price. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_64DD )

I have the Jungle Green 64 which game with that, the wires, the Jungle Green 64 and another conroler, and two games for free, I got it at the dump. I later picked up two more controlers and a buch of games at a yard sell. My 64 works just fine and I have had no problems with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment